hocotate said: I can't log into either of my tumblr accounts. I have un- and reinstalled the app and changed my passwords for my accounts but I'm still unable to log into the app.
So sorry for late reply. I just omit your message.
As far as i know, the most case when login failed comes from safari cookie setting. Check your iPhone Settings -> Safari -> Block Cookies. It’s value must be ‘From third parties and advertisers’ (Recommended, default) or ‘Never’.
New version 1.4.2 of FastFeed for Tumblr has released. This is a minor update for various bug fixes and internal improvements. Changes include followings:
- More safe handling of gif animation
- Tag input improvements. Add capitalization mode. Import tags into recent list from user blog or dashboard.
FastFeed for Instagram is also updated to version 1.1.1.
New version(1.0.1) of FastFeed for 500px has been released. This is a minor update for various bug fixes and internal performance improvements.
Some noticeable UI changes are:
- Single tap on image to enter full-screen mode has been enabled and set as a default.
- Flow-Grid switch image animation slightly refined.
- Grid size option is available at tab menu when enough space left.( iPad or Landscape on iPhone).
PS: update for Tumblr and Instagram will be coming soon in a day or two.
Someone asked me, how to clear cache in this app?
In short, just log out.
There is no separate menu for ‘Clear Cache’ currently. But ‘Log out’ deletes all cache files and internal database. Log out will reset app to initially installed state except display settings. App disk usage also reduce to initial state(approximately 10 MB).
In FastFeed, all cached files are managed by internal database for performance. So, deleting only cache is not a trivial job. But it will be supported in future release. It’s in our next to-do-list.
New version 1.4.1 of ’FastFeed for Tumblr’ is available.
This update is a urgent bug fix for ‘Long Press Gesture’ on image to share. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Version 1.4.0 has released.
- New ‘Tab Control Gesture’. Hide by dragging down over tab. Restore by dragging upward over previous tab area. Accordingly, multi-tab bar animation has changed. It hides into the bottom, not the right side of bottom.
- The gesture for ‘Tab Auto Show’ has been changed. It’s by ‘Scroll Up’, not ‘Drag up’. To be more consistent with other iOS app such as safari.
- Font style has tuned for improved readability. Many design elements have been refined.
Originally, tab bar was planned to animate into the bottom. But then Apple has announced iOS 7 that has ‘Control center’ gesture at the bottom edge. We were afraid of conflicting each other. So, we changed animation to right side of bottom. At this version, we carefully test the two gestures, and concluded that there is no problem with bottom animation. The iOS gesture is smart enough to detect status bar hidden state. When multi-bar hidden, status bar is hidden too. Then iOS bottom edge gesture display just small indicator for ‘Control Center’, not the full. This make sufficient room for our multi-tab bar control.
Tip, If want to prevent any interruption of iOS Control Center gesture, start dragging touch just above the screen edge, not across the edge. We reserve some sensor area above the bottom edge.
PS. There is a bug in image long press gesture in this version. We has just submitted a patched version. That’ll be available about a week.
scoober1013 said: Hi, for some reason with the update for tumblr I can't long press and save an image any more.
Sorry for the bug. It’s a mistake. We’ll release a patched version immediately. It will take about a week. Thanks again for your kind feedback.
Our new app ‘FastFeed for 500px’ contains importance changes of multi-tab bar. It slides out into bottom, not right side. And it supports ‘tab control gesture’. If try it, you’ll be safisfied with the changes.
Updates in FastFeed for Tumblr and Instagram has already completed and submitted to app store several days ago (including some design improvements). Waiting will not be so long~
FastFeed is a series of iOS app that brings the power of multi-tab into mobile social app. FastFeed for 500px is the newcomer of series, following FastFeed for Tumblr and Instagram. This app will be exactly what every 500px user has been waiting for - fast, powerful but also beautiful mobile app.
The Power of Multi-Tab Comes to Mobile App.
Do you remember the thrill when you first use the multi-tab in web browser? It removes the burden of managing windows and gives you a freedom of navigation. The same thing occurs here. FastFeed brings multi-tab to mobile feeds navigation. This will remove repetitive ‘back button’ and gives you a seamless content flow. No more ‘Select->View->Back’, just ‘Select->View’ and ‘Select->View’.
Focused on Content.
Multi-tab bar is located at the bottom of the screen and supports auto-hiding. Although it contains complicated and powerful functions, it is designed as tiny simple bar. Moreover, it is easily disappeared by starting to scroll down. Accordingly, content view is enlarged to the entire screen, the largest content size as possible. This leads to the best environment to concentrate on content.
Seamless content navigation
Content is displayed either grid or flow layout. Grid is best for fast scanning. Flow layout is optimized for full-sized content viewing. Two layout are easily switched by simple tap/swipe gesture. Layout switch always preserves the current reading position. Multi-tab caches last viewed position and layout state. In FastFeed, every content is seamlessly connected and naturally flow.
The Best Feeds App You’ve Ever Met.
FastFeed combines the powerful multi-tab navigation with the simple and intuitive UI. This unique UI can apply to any feed service. First, we show it with FastFeed for Tumblr. And next we proceed with FastFeed for Instagram and for 500px. With the FastFeed, you can enjoy the best feeds app you’ve ever met. Stay tuned on FastFeed.
- Unique multi-tab navigation.
- Every feed link starts in a new feed tab.
- Tapping on the active tab shows the tab menu such as ‘close this’, ‘close all but this’ and ‘tab history’.
- Supports tab control gesture and auto hiding the multi-tab bar.
- Grid/Flow Layout: Both are easily switched by tap/swipe gesture.
- Smart Paging: In flow layout, scrolling intelligently adjust stopping position (scroll down only). Loose or Strict options are available.
- Content view supports both portrait and landscape orientation.
- Left edge swipe pop up ‘User Menu’.
- Right edge swipe display ‘Explore Menu’.
- Universal app that supports both iPhone and iPad.
specifically for 500px
- Photo feed supports ‘category’ filter. Tap the category title at feed menu.
- Search photos by keyword or tag. Supports sorting the result by rating or recent.
- Offers a option for ‘Local NSFW Setting’. It can override the account setting.
- Known limitations: Photo upload is not supported. FastFeed for 500px is intended for viewer only.